A bit about how I came to this work . . .
When I was growing up, the dominant message I internalized as a kid: “You’re not worth bothering with.”
I’m the oldest of five kids. My mother was completely overwhelmed by having 3 babies in 2 ½ years and 2 more after that. My father was rarely home and barely there when he was home.
And, at the same time, when I was 15, I made my grandma a plaque that reads, “We are what we make ourselves.” To this day, I have no idea how that young teenager, me, knew that.
What that created inside of me: not just the pain of feeling unloved, longing to be special and judging myself as inadequate, but also this hunger to be the great version of myself. That fueled this passion to learn what would make me great. My two favorite classes in high school were World Religions and Psychology.
I have devoted my life to studying and teaching personal and spiritual development. And, when I took the StrengthsFinder® assessment, something soaked in for me. It was different than the other assessments. Rather than one more self-help theory, it told me about my specific natural greatness, specific genius, specific brilliance already inside of me. “I get it,” I thought to myself. “This is who I am. This is my foundation.”
What I love . . .
- An entrepreneur since age 5 when I sold the seeds from my mother’s four-o’clock flowers to the neighbors.
- Became aware of my spiritual journey as a teenager. I loved to go to different churches with my friends and their parents. At age 28, I began studying to become a minister in the Unity church. Along the way, I realized my journey this lifetime is spiritual, rather than religious.
- Created the first of several businesses to provide me a full-time income at the age of 22.
- Began leading “Tapping Your Inner Power” retreats in my late 20s.
- Have served as a spiritual small business coach since 1997.
- Fell in love with the spaciousness, light, quiet and raw beauty of northern New Mexico in 1997. It’s so easy for me to feel God here with every breath I take.
- Discovered StrengthsFinder® in 2001. In 2008, I began encouraging everyone I met to take the assessment. Then I insisted they have everyone around them take it!
- Contributing my time in 2019 to Seniorgevity, a directory website of independent and assisted living communities in Denver.
I have come to recognize that I am a leader and activator. This comes from this deep calling that has been in my heart, had me in tears and on my knees, has propelled me forward, is actually the very lifeblood of my existence – to uncover and live my own natural radiance and to also call forth yours.
Today, I teach coaches, business owners, thought leaders and their teams what I first learned myself – to own our strengths and to embrace what we love. The resulting clarity, confidence and certainty naturally inspires our meaningful lives and brilliant, unique contributions.
So now, take me out and put you in.
What have you lived? What brought you to this point? How do your strengths and what you love inform your calling, your reason for being here?
Would you like to explore?
I’d love to offer you an initial Coaching Conversation for us to explore your natural radiance and determine if we are a great fit for one-on-one coaching or if one of my coaching programs is right for you . . .
My gift to you –