One of my mentors, Dicken Bettinger, posted thoughts on Facebook worth repeating here today.
“The real question is not what will happen as a result of this election.
Politicians do not determine the overall level of well-being of those who live in their country.
To me, the real questions are:
- Can we look within and set aside our judgmental thoughts of others?
- Can we find love and understanding in our hearts?
- Can we bring these feelings to each other, especially those who disagree with us?
- Can we find tolerance deep in our souls, especially for those who see life differently than we do?
- Can we find within us the spirit of cooperation that is based on tolerance and respect so that we can truly work together to create a society that is looking out for what is best for the whole rather than just our own self-interests?
The problems of the world ultimately will not be resolved on a political level. The problems of the world will ultimately be resolved only by each of us bringing more love and understanding into the world.
May we all get better at listening for, and to, the inner wisdom that continues to guide us toward a more peaceful and loving world community.”
– Dicken Bettinger, originally published on Facebook
As always, I’d love your thoughts and comments below.