I’ve been living in New Mexico for almost 3 weeks now. The entire transition went beautifully. Everything from lots of packing help – when does that happen – to just the right amount of boxes to receiving my full deposit back from my apartment within a week when they told me it would take up to 8 weeks.
My casita is more beautiful and light-filled than I had even imagined. The drive into Santa Fe is short, gorgeous and peaceful. I have a wonderful new yoga studio and am trying lots of great coffee shops to find my favorite. I’m unpacked and found everything.
One of the amazing sunsets I get to see every day!
Why am I so happy?
- I took a risk.
- I’m creating more of the life I desire – a retreat life.
- The quiet, oh, the quiet.
- I live in the most gorgeous light.
- I do some of my work outside on my patio.
- I am planted in 360 degree beauty.
- Every day is a new sunset.
- The moon and the stars keep me company every night.
- I now get to host clients for retreat in this beautiful, spacious, contemplative place.
- My strength of Connectedness is soooo happy to be this connected to nature.
- My strength of Empathy is thrilled to be surrounded by less people.
- My Maximizer is overjoyed to be in the perfect place and perfect home for me (and she does not use the word “perfect” often).
- My Individualization is tickled to be surrounded by people marching to the beat of their own drummer.
What is on the horizon for you? I had wanted to make this move for several years and always had reasons I couldn’t. How can I inspire you to take the next big step for you?
Post your comments, insights and progress below.
My book, “Thriving Work” is now available
on Kindle at Amazon for just $3.99:
Click here to order
3 thoughts on “Mindfulness: New Mexico edition of “Why Am I So Happy?””
I just did a huge move, too, Ann!
Janet, I knew for years that I wanted to make this move to New Mexico. And I kept having reasons that it wasn’t the right time. I finally got tired of hearing me say that. I’m still a little stunned that I got up my courage and willingness to do all the crap involved in a long distance move!
I love that you are so happy! It inspires me to take some risks and create a new lifestyle.